Usually, I'm peaceful.
I avoid stress. I don't worry. I won't dwell on the things outside my control.
But I'm human, and I don't always remain so peaceful.
Like last night, for example.
I just felt overwhelmed.
I felt conquered by the unknown.
I was worried about so many "what-ifs" in our future. I was burdened with the start of a new semester. I couldn't stop the endless stream of annoying thoughts. All of this while I was on the phone with my dear husband, and he pretty much said "shhhhh, I love you."
I was just in one of those moods. Girls especially, you know those moods that you know you're trapped in but just can't shake? Yep, one of those. I kept telling my mind to quiet. I really didn't even sleep well. Then, this morning I read this:
"What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?"
Ecclesiastes 1:3
That was what I was looking for. My worry holds no flame. Half of my work doesn't even matter. My purpose is to love God, love others, and love myself. If I can't concentrate on what.really.matters. then I can't function. Priorities people!
It's different for everyone.
Priorities, purpose, life goals.
But, for me, it's nice to self-check what I gain from all my toil. If something isn't beneficial then I can spare to ditch it. Like worrying. Psh, why stress about what the future holds? Take care of the 'hereandnow' and the future will follow suit.
"A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever."
Anyway, in other news, my Sunday School class went well again today. We talked about following the crowd and peer pressure. When class started, I told them to stand up, not talk, and follow me. Then I lead them like baby ducks all over our church. I lead them back into the classroom and asked them why in the world they followed me. "You told us to" they said. Duh. "What if I told you to eat bugs?" Boys said "okay!". Girls said "gross!". Then we talked about the spies that went into the Promised Land and which spies the Israelites listened to. Pretty simple lesson :)
After church my parents and I went to Cracker Barrel. OMG their french toast! AND, a MoonPie for dessert. Heaven, truly Heaven. Then I visited the hospital to see my pretty little new niece. And I held her! She made the cutest little baby noises... I forgot what it's like to have a newborn in our family.
After a nap, hearing from my love, and four hours of homework [yes, four hours] I am finally ready to hit the hay.
Goodnight all!
No comments:
Post a Comment